There are times when a normal 30-inch gas range isn’t enough. Those who have big families or need to cook for a large number of people will know how useful a double oven model can be. However, the large number of available models and their high price can make choosing a product quite difficult.
A double oven gas range is an investment and should be treated accordingly. Research the product either by looking at double oven gas range reviews, or by reading the information presented on the manufacturer’s website, compare the products, consider what features matter to you, and then make a decision.
Thor Kitchen HRG4808U 48-inch Gas Range
A large gas range for large households and professional chefs
There aren’t many KitchenAid double oven gas range reviews where the HRG4808U does not appear. It is built to last, even in restaurant kitchens where they would see heavy use on a daily basis and has a huge number of features.
- Powerful burners – the appliance comes with 6 burners that range from 18,000 BTU to 15,000 BTU, with the lower power ones also having a 650 BTU simmer function;
- Reignition system – a safety system reignites the burner if they are accidentally extinguished;
- Double oven – the primary oven is 4.2 cu. Ft. and the secondary one 2.5 cu. Ft.;
- Easy to convert – The gas range can be converted to LP using a separately sold conversion kit;
- Convection oven – the primary oven comes with a convection fan;
- Large cooking surface – the space offered by the two ovens and the cooktop enables the owner to cook a very large amount of food at the same time;
- Built to last – the cooking grates are made from heavy-duty cast iron and can last for a lifetime if cleaned regularly;
- One convection fan – the secondary oven could use a convection fan;
Samsung NY58J9850WS Dual Fuel Gas Range
A Single Oven Model with an ace up its sleeve
The NY58J9850WS can be seen on all major Samsung double oven gas range reviews. The model is highly praised for the many quality-of-life features that it comes with and for its versatility. While it is not actually a double oven model it comes with features that make it behave like one.
- Divided oven – 2.4 cu. Ft. upper oven and a 3.3 cu. Ft. lower one;
- Convection fan - Convection systems for both of the ovens;
- 5 Powerful sealed burners – The burners range from 5,000 BTU to 22,000 BTU;
- Central burner – The kitchen range comes with an elongated 22,000 BTU burner in the middle of the stove;
- Dual fuel – Both of the ovens are completely electrical;
- Separate cooking temperatures – The two oven sections can be heated up to two different temperatures;
- Warming Drawer – A drawer located under the oven will keep the food warm;
- Digital dashboard – kitchen range comes with a digital control menu that contains various programs to help cook food more easily;
- Unique door design – The oven door can either be opened entirely or only be opened for the upper section of the oven;
- Useful touch menu – The dashboard has programs for pretty much any kind of food;
- Smaller – The kitchen range is smaller than a traditional double oven model;
- Not a real double oven range – the model does not actually have two different ovens, but a single one that can be headed to different temperatures;
LG LDG4315ST 30" Freestanding Double Oven Gas Range
A Compact Double Oven Gas Kitchen Range
A very popular model that is constantly showing up on LG double oven gas range reviews, the LDG415ST offers the flexibility of a double oven gas range while maintaining a small form-factor.
- Large total oven space – the range offers a total oven space of 6.9 cu. Ft.;
- Self-cleaning system - The ovens can be cleaned with minimal effort and without using chemical substances;
- 5 burners – the burners range from 5,000 BTU to 18,500 BTU;
- Digital oven commands – The oven can be controlled using a digital panel;
- Probake Convection system – The lower oven comes with a convection fan that helps cook food faster;
- Locking system – the doors of the oven can be locked in order to prevent children from getting hurt while the burners are active;
- Safety system – The ovens automatically turn off after 12 hours;
- Kid-friendly – The ability to lock the doors and the fact that the oven control panel is at the back of the gas range make is a safe model for those who have small children;
- Compact – Being a freestanding model, it occupies less space than a normal dual oven range;
- The low height of ovens – The design of the range makes the ovens wider, however, they are more restrictive when it comes to height and this can make it difficult to cook using taller pots;