Gas ranges have been around for a long time and have proven their reliability countless times. They come in all shapes and sizes and the features that they come with are constantly refined. Most gas range manufacturers have also started a transition to electric stoves, however, cooking on these is different than on gas ones and many are not prepared to make the change.
One thing that is currently indisputable is the fact that the oven component of a range is much better if it runs on electricity. As a result, countless gas ranges with electric ovens have appeared on the market. With so many gas stove electric oven combo reviews it may be difficult to determine what a product can really do.
Today we’re taking a look at a product that is widely considered to be the best gas range with an electric oven:
Thor Kitchen HRD4803U Dual Fuel Range
A dual fuel range that will last for a lifetime.
The engineers at Thor have put a lot of time and work in designing the best possible dual fuel range, from the ability to run on natural gas or LPG to the amount of cooking space that it offers. However, these are only a couple of the range’s many features:
- Black porcelain drip pan – The drip pan on the cooktop is coated with black porcelain that makes it easy to clean while giving it an elegant look;
- Black porcelain oven coating – The interiors of the two ovens are also coated with black porcelain, in order to prevent fat from sticking to them and increasing their ability to retain heat’
- Durable grates – The grates are made of cast iron and can last for a lifetime if properly maintained;
- Reignition feature– A safety reignition system detects if a burner has been accidentally extinguished and relights it;
- Convection fan – the 30-inch oven comes with a convection fan that helps cook food faster;
- Powerful burners with simmer function – Two of the six burners go up to 18,000BTU, and two others that can go as low as 650BTU to simmer food;
- Two ovens – The range comes with a 30-inch oven and another 18-inch one;
- Conversion ready – the gas stove can be converted from natural gas to LPG using a conversion kit;
- Great overall value – While this is a premium model and it comes with a premium price tag, it also has some of the best features of all commercially available gas ranges. It is built to last, and is equally suited for larger families, as well as for those who want to buy a range that will last;
- Convection oven – The convection fan really helps speed up the baking process, making the range great for those who prefer to bake all their food rather than cook it on the stove;
- Safe to use – The reignition system does a great job of ensuring that the food always gets cooked and that the burners do not get accidentally extinguished, letting gas escape;
- Flexible – The fact that two of the burners go to 18,000BTU and two can be reduced to 650BTU make the range ideal for both food that needs to be done quickly, as well as for sauces that require very long cooking times;
- Heavy Duty – This model was built to endure both intensive and extensive use, similar to what one would see in a restaurant. As a result, there is a very low chance that anything will ever break down;
- A single convection
fan – While the gas range does have two ovens, only the larger one comes with a convection fan. This is not a major issue, however, being a premium model, it would have been better to have two convection ovens instead of only just one.
- Large – Make no mistake, this dual gas range is considerably larger than a normal one. While there wouldn’t be a way to fit all the features in a normal-sized gas range, this model will require considerably more room. This may make it impractical for smaller kitchens;
The HRD4803U can be seen in gas stove electric oven combo reviews from all over the world. It is the chosen model of master chefs and of amateur cooks alike. The range is not only flexible in terms of fuel usage but also when it comes to features and cooking styles. This having been said, it may not fit in any kitchen, as it is considerably larger than a normal, more basic gas range.
Its dual electrical ovens and the six burners make it a great choice for large families, while the durability of its build establishes it as a product that can potentially last for a lifetime. While it is a premium product that carries a hefty price tag, it is one of the best investments that one could make when it comes to kitchen utilities.