KitchenAid was one of the oldest and most popular kitchen appliance manufacturers in the United States. Having been started in 1919, it has had many decades to develop quality products that cater to the needs of the average Joe. While the company first built and sold stand mixers, is its name is now associated with a large variety of appliances, including kitchen ranges.
American Designs and Quality Build
While the KitchenAid Company was acquired by Whirlpool Corporation in 1986, the name still exists as a brand that offers kitchen appliances built using the many years of experience of its namesake. Most of these products are constantly receiving great marks from KitchenAid range review articles.
Whirlpool currently produces KitchenAid gas ranges that come in a variety of shapes and sizes, from freestanding and slide-in models to dual fuel appliances that come with a large variety of features.
In terms of pricing and functionality, there are products that cater to the needs of several groups of people, from professional chefs to amateur cooks.
KitchenAid gas range reviews – Looking at the best models on the market
KitchenAid KSGG700EBS Slide-in Gas Range
A simple but feature-filled gas range designed to cook healthy food
The KSGG700EBS is built upon the many KitchenAid ksgg700ess reviews written in the last years, bringing new features and new functionalities that other models either did not have or were not refined enough. This new model offers a large oven, 5 powerful burners, a griddle and many more. Overall, it is equally suited for those who are used to cooking food in the oven, as well as for anyone more interested in having a spacious, powerful cooktop.
- Large oven – The gas range features a 5.8 cu. Ft. oven that is perfect for tall pots and pans;
- Even-Heat system – The oven comes with a powerful convection fan designed to decrease the cooking time of various types of food and help it cook evenly;
- Powerful burners – The cooktop comes with 5 burners that range in power from 5,000 BTU to 17,000 BTU, making the appliance ideal for both more delicate types of food as well as for cooking in record time;
- Aqualift system – the oven comes with a self-cleaning system that uses water to remove oil spills and other unwanted elements from the chamber. The process does not require any type of chemical solution;
- Storage drawer – The gas range comes with a storage drawer positioned under the oven;
- Touch controls – the oven can be controlled using a touch panel;
- Versatile – the kitchen range is not focused on the oven or cooktop segments. It is versatile and comes with great features regardless of the owner’s cooking style;
- Great position of touch panel – the panel that controls the oven is oriented straight up, out of the sight of small children;
- No lock – the oven door does not come with a locking system to prevent children from opening it;
Kitchenaid KDRS407VSS Commercial-Style Dual Fuel Range
A highly-efficient no-nonsense dual fuel range that KitchenAid gas range reviews consider to be one of the best models from the brand
This model is a perfect example of how the durability of a product can be increased by having as few moving parts as possible. The KDRS407VSS comes with four burners, one of which can go up to 20,000 BUT and an efficient electric oven that can broil, bake, or roast, depending on the user’s needs. The model is freestanding, which makes it great for both interior as well as exterior areas.
- Sealed burners – the range comes with 4 easy to clean, sealed burners, one of which is dual-flame and can go up to 20,000 BTU;
- Highly efficient convection oven – the 4.1 cu. Ft. oven comes with a convection fan that features several functions including broil, bake, and roast;
- Dual fuel – The appliance comes with a gas cooktop and an electric oven;
- Gliding rack – the oven features a gliding rack that enables the user to take large pans and pots out without spilling them;
- Digital oven commands – the oven is controlled using a touch display;
- LPG conversion – the gas range can be converted to LPG using a conversion kit;
- Dual-flame burner – the most powerful burner is also dual-flame which means that it can easily heat up large pans and pots;
- Design – the gas range has a commercial design and is extremely plain. While this is not necessarily a bad thing, it will affect those who want to match the appliances to the furniture;
Kitchenaid KDRS483VSS Commercial-Style Dual Fuel Range
A professional kitchen range designed to cook large amounts of food at the same time
This 48-inch monster has been designed to withstand the heavy use and abuse that would normally be seen in hotels or restaurant kitchens. Its dual-fuel design makes it a good choice for those who need versatility from this kind of appliances and the two ovens are spacious enough to fit even larger pans and pots.
- Dual-fuel – the kitchen range comes with a gas cooktop and electric ovens;
- Electric griddle – the appliance features an electric griddle;
- Even-heat convection oven – The ovens come with a versatile convection oven;
- Conversion system for the oven – the touch display can convert normal oven cooking times into convection oven ones;
- Powerful burners – the cooktop features 6 burners that range from 5,000 BTU to 20,000 BTU;
- Powerful appliance – the model is designed for intensive use, as many KitchenAid range reviews show. Its 6 burners and two convection ovens make it a great choice for those who have large families or need a professional gas range;
- Smart systems – The convection ovens come with several pre-set programs that help cook food more efficiently
- Large – at 48 inches, the gas range is one of the bigger models on the market, making it impractical for those who have relatively small kitchens;
KitchenAid has been around for quite some time. While the company is gone, the experience and the care with which it has developed products can still be seen in the appliances that come from the brand with the same name. Dozens of products appear each year and with them so do KitchenAid stove reviews that show that a lot of time has gone into making sure that they cater to the needs of cooks and chefs all over the world.